LEGO®, the popular line of construction toys, consisting of interlocking plastic bricks (Also called “LEGO® bricks”) that can be assembled and connected in many ways, has drastically expanded its fan base over the last few decades.
Though the initial thoughts of LEGO® indicate a favourite pass time for kids, the rapidly expanding “LEGO® Universe” clearly states that the LEGO®s are not just for kids.
A lot of adults are being pulled in by the addictive LEGO® sets, which have become so famous among older people that some fans say adults spend more than kids and account for almost half or more revenue at the LEGO® stores.
It’s the sheer joy of building that attracts adults and kids towards this massively popular construction toys, which are now available in a variety of themes, ranging from cities to trains to robots. Hardly there is anything left that has not to be converted into a LEGO® set.
If you from the shipping industry or have an infatuation for floating structures along with a special liking towards LEGO®, there are some super-interesting LEGO® sets which you must check out.
They are not just for kids but make a great hobby during your free time on ships or during breaks at home.
|No.||Type||Dimensions (inches)||Buy on Amazon|
|1.||Maersk Triple-E Container Ship||25 x 3 x 8||Buy Now|
|2.||Port||25.7 x 17 x 3.8||Buy Now|
|3.||Ice Breaker Ship||18.9 x 3.7 x 14.9||Buy Now|
|4.||Sealand Container Ship||18.9 x 13.7 x 4.7||Buy Now|
|5.||Pirates Flagship||22.9 x 3.6 x 18.9||Buy Now|
|6.||Transport Ferry||22.7 x 3.8 x 15.1||Buy Now|
|7.||Coast Guard Patrol||21.3 x 11.1 x 3.1||Buy Now|
Let’s take a look at each of these cool LEGO ® ship sets:
This is one of the finest ship-themed LEGO® sets in the market today, featuring one of the world’s largest container ships – Maersk Triple E. Built from over 1,500 bricks, the model recreates the real vessel in amazing detail.
The set includes rare colours such as dark red, sand blue and sand green. There are rotating gold-coloured screw blades leading to the brick-built twin propeller engines, which you can view through the window built into the port side of the ship. You can even customise it by adding or removing the containers.
This authentic set includes a display stand and fact plaque with detailed information about the ship and, as a finishing touch, there’s the gold coin that is added under the mast of all Maersk Line ships for good luck on their voyages. This model is perfect for LEGO® fans!
- Build the famous Maersk Triple-E (EEE) container ship in Lego form
- At 25 inch (65cm) in length, the final model will impress you and your guests alike
- Features include rotating gold-colored propeller blades, brick-built twin 8-cylinder engines, viewing window into the engine compartment, adjustable rudders, detachable lifeboats, removable containers, rotating crane arms and a special ‘good luck’ coin
- Includes rare medium azur, dark red, sand blue and sand green colored elements
Create a port along with a crane and floating ship with this great LEGO® set. Includes 2 containers, pallet, cargo truck, speed boat, captain, fisherman, 3 worker mini-figures and lots of accessories!
In this LEGO ® set, you can use the massive pier crane and cargo truck to empty the cargo ship and get it ready for its next destination. The cargo ship really floats and measures 23″ (58 cm) long. You can also raise and lower the ship’s anchor. The crane is over 19″ (48 cm) tall and spins 360 degrees. Crane arm moves side to side and up and down. Raise and lower the crane’s hook to load and unload containers.
This solid LEGO® icebreaker set includes 7 mini-figures with accessories: 4 explorers, captain, pilot and a scientist.
The Icebreaker features an anchor with winch and chain, snow scooter, the removable bridge with the steering wheel, windows and steps, 2 bunk beds, movable ladders, 2 cargo containers with equipment and a helipad
The helicopter features a cockpit for a mini-figure, turning rotors, turning the rear propeller and a winch function Explorer’s base features an opening door and walls, radar and antenna, laboratory with desk, microscope, fridge, bed, computer and a ladder.
This is a great set for all LEGO® lovers.
- LEGO City.
- Size H37.8, W48, D9.4cm.
- For ages 6 years and over.
- EAN: 5702015119290.
Maersk container ships are favourite among LEGO® designers (Probably also because both LEGO ® and Maersk are from Denmark). If you are the fan of the world’s number one shipping company and its container vessels, then get on the journey to build one of the most accurately detailed freighters among LEGO® sets with 990 pieces.
Want to go back in the history and build those magnificent ships with sails? Here’s the perfect LEGO® set for you.
This really cool LEGO® set of the pirate theme includes a ship’s captain, his daughter, a pirate captain prisoner with shackles, the ship’s cook, a lieutenant, and 4 soldiers; amazingly detailed and realistic ship features 3 removable sections.
The main hull of the ship contains 4 firing cannons, ammunition crates, muskets, torches, cannonballs, a prison with a rat, saw shark mini-figurehead, a moving rudder and a fully-equipped ship’s kitchen with fish, turkey legs and a carrot.
This is a highly detailed ship and definitely, a must-have for all LEGO® fans.
- Includes 9 minifigures: The ship's captain, his daughter, a pirate captain prisoner with shackles, the ship's cook, a lieutenant, and 4 soldiers; amazingly detailed and realistic ship features 3 removable sections
- Main hull contains 4 firing cannons, ammunition crates, muskets, torches, cannonballs, prison with a rat, saw shark minifigurehead, a moving rudder and a fully-equipped ship?s kitchen with fish, turkey legs and a carrot
- Raise and lower the working anchor; open the front deck's working doors and play inside; Imperial Flagship is equipped with masts and rigging
- Open the back house deck's doors to reveal the captain?s chambers complete with a map, poison bottle, organ and even a treasure chest filled with jewels and gold; features 6 opening windows, a telescope and sextant as well as 3 deck lanterns
- 1,664 pieces
Make your LEGO® ferry and load it up with vehicles using the working back ramp to transport your cargo safely across the sea.
Also, use the geared lever to open the front doors and unload at your distant destination. Turn the gear to lower the ramp to drive the car onto the ferry and then raise the ramp to set sail.
Unlatch the front doors, turn the gear to open the doors, and drive the car off of the ferry. A ferry is on wheels so it can move in any direction. This a very cute set with s0me amazing details.
- Includes instructions to rebuild into a transport hovercraft or a cargo plane
- Includes a car with trailer attached to load onto the ferry
- Unlatch the front doors, turn the gear to open the doors, and drive the car off of the ferry
- The ferry is on wheels to move it in any direction and measures 16" (41cm) long and 5" (13cm) wide
- Contains 1,279 pieces
Build the ultimate Coast Guard Patrol boat with this LEGO® set. Launch the submarine and helicopter from the boat and rescue people with the life preservers.
The set includes 3 sharks and 6 mini-figures with accessories:
Pilot, captain, crew member, rescuer, man and woman. Also includes a dog, crab, 2 life preservers, 2 life jackets, walkie-talkie, hat with headphones and ice cream.
This is a great LEGO® Set to Have Fun with.
- Features 2 water cannons, submarine launcher and radio antenna, helicopter, submarine, dinghy, lighthouse with rocks and 3 sharks
- Accessories include a dog, crab, 2 life preservers, 2 life jackets, walkie-talkie, hat with headphones and an ice cream
- Coast Guard Patrol boat and dinghy really float; deploy the submarine with a turning propeller; submarine measures over 1" high, 3" long, 2" wide
- Lighthouse with rocks measures 6" high, 5" wide, 2" long; dinghy measures 2" high, 7" long, 3" wide; shark measures 2" long, 1" wide, approx. 1" high
- Coast Guard Patrol Boat measures over 7" high, 15" long, 3" wide; helicopter measures over 2" high, 6" long, 2" wide
LEGO® Cruise Ship
A lot of great LEGO® Ship sets are still not out in the market for consumers, especially those based on LEGO® Cruise Ship theme. However, a few cruise ship companies and individuals have made their own personal cruise ship LEGO® sets.
In 2018, the world’s largest LEGO ® cruise ship was made by Dream Cruises to mark the launch of its new World Dream Ship. The LEGO ® cruise ship model was constructed using more than 2.5 million LEGO ® blocks, weighed over 2,800 kg and measured 8.44 m (27.7 ft) long, 1.33 m (4.36 ft) wide and 1.53 m (5 ft) tall. Click here to know about the largest LEGO ® cruise ship set.
Similarly, in 2015, Cunard Lines made the then largest LEGO ® cruise ship model of the famous Queen Mary Ship. The project took four professional LEGO ® builders, over 250,000 LEGO ® bricks, and took almost four months to complete the project.
The Cruise ship set was set in the Shipyard and was surrounded by Bright Brick building stations where children and LEGO ® enthusiasts can make their own version of the ship or anything else that comes to mind.
Additional LEGO ® Ship Sets:
- Steer the ship with the mini MetalBeard with sword and treasure chest! Rotate the giant side turbines! Fire the cannons to fend off attackers!
- Open the top to access the captain's cabin and check out the maps, treasure chest, MetalBeard portrait and more!
- Watch The LEGO Movie to see all your favorite characters in action! MetalBeard's Sea Cow measures over 22" high, 24" long and 7" wide
- The Micro Manager (large) measures over 3" high, 4" long and 4" wide. The Micro Manager measures over 1" high, 2" long and 1" wide
- Mini MetalBeard measures over 4" high, 5" deep, and 5" wide. Double-decker couch measures over 3" high, 3" wide and less than 1" long
No products found.
Do you know any other interesting LEGO ® set with a ship theme that can be added to this list?
Let’s know in the comments below.
References and Image Credits: Amazon
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no additional cost to you. You can read our full disclaimer here.