The holiday season is upon us again, and it’s that time of the year to hunt for gifts. Look no further if you know a boater or sailor and are searching for memorable souvenirs to give them.
This article will look at the top 30 gifts and accessories you can give new boat owners, anglers or sailors.
We cover all gift ideas, including the best in technology, apparel, functional tools, and equipment, in this gift guide. One point to note, it’s probably best to ask them what they would like.
The field of marine equipment is extensive, and they may already own some items. So, it’s a good idea to check with them about what would be a welcome addition to their boats.
Best Gifts For Boaters And Sailors
1. Sailing Gloves
Constantly handling ropes and battling the sea on a boat can take its toll on a sailor’s hands. The best way to combat this- is sailing gloves. Warm, waterproof, and protective, they are ideal for long voyages where you know the conditions can be challenging. They are a great gift idea! Get your favourite sailor a handy pair of gloves as a gift so that they stay dry and safe, even during the poorest of weather. Some versions have added flexibility but usually come without the full range of protection, so watch out for these.
- Excellent Protection - This half finger glove features a vented and padded premium synthetic leather palm that prevents your hands from abrasion by providing extra protection in areas prone to blisters. Also ensures a secure grip whether wet or dry, for added comfort while paddling, surfing or griping on metal objects
- Ergonomic Design - This kayaking glove has a reinforced double layer design between the thumb and index finger, excellent for paddling, canoeing, and sailing. Please measure according to the size chat to find the most suitable size for you
- Comfort & Flexibility - This padded palm gloves has a soft high stretch spandex back for snug fit, not too tight. The half finger design leaves your fingers free for high-dexterity tasks. When you close your hand, there is no longer a material constraint in your palm, and bare fingers make it easy to move and pick up the equipment. You'll enjoy superior comfort and enhanced performance.
- Wrist Support - This water sport glove has an adjustable hook and loop wrist fastener for a secure and dependable fit, easy to take on and off. Lightweight and quick drying, great for hot weather use.
- Multisport Glove - Design for all water sports, breathable and comfortable. Great for water skiing, canoeing, windsurfing, jet ski, paddling, kiteboarding, wakeboarding, SUP and other action sports. Unisex sizing for men, women or youth.
2. Sailing Boots
Bringing ordinary shoes with you on a trip can be bad, mainly due to the constantly wet conditions. Squelching and uncomfortable, they can reduce the trip to a difficult journey. Getting a solid pair of sailing boots is the ideal gift. They are waterproof and super comfortable, so rest assured they will see you in good stead.
- COMFORT IS KEY: Rugged Shark knows that performance is only second to comfort. So, we build these with our signature full length, anatomical comfort footbed which maintains support and cushioning in the roughest conditions and long days out on the water. You'll feel the difference from the moment you put these on.
- PERFORMANCE BOOTS: In the wheelhouse or on deck, these boots feature our proprietary Shark Grip Slip-Resistant double rubber bottom for superior grip, in non-marking, boat-friendly material. Rubber 100% waterproof construction keeps feet dry all day long. The Rugged Shark Great White is popular with all kinds of serious fishermen who need a waterproof boot for the nastiest weather.
- SAFETY: GRIP NOT SLIP: An actual heel provides additional grip and safety on ladders and a molded kickout on the back allows for easy in and easy off. (This is also a safety feature, offering quicker removal if you end up in the water.) Rugged Shark cares about superior performance and safety.
- WHAT SIZE SHOULD I BUY: These are calf height, with a Men's Size 9 measuring 10.75 inches tall (27.31 cm), for better water control in rougher weather. These fishing boots for men come in Men’s Boot size 9, Men’s size 10, Men’s size 11, Men’s Size 12, and Men’s boot size 13. Order up if your size falls in-between. Order down two sizes for a Women’s Deck Boot size equivalent. These run a touch narrow – so if you have a wider foot, order up a size. Wear them with or without socks.
- WATER PROTECTION: Made with a premium rubber construction, these rugged deck boots deliver waterproof protection so you can focus on the task at hand: landing a big one.
3. Waterproof Socks
In the freezing conditions routinely encountered at sea, it is common to see toes going blue with hypothermia. Every sailor in that situation wishes for a thick pair of waterproof socks to keep them snug. Give your favourite boater these pairs of socks that you know will keep their feet warm. Available in different sizes, there are several choices to make for wherever they may travel to.
- 100% Waterproof & Breathable – Designed for prolonged use with no discomfort. Our waterproof socks are breathable, moisture-wicking, anti-odor, and extremely durable, making them the perfect companions for your everyday adventures.
- Extremely Durable – We put the durability of our waterproof socks to the test by walking three miles in them without shoes and they were as good as new!
- Thermal Regulation - Unlike other waterproof socks, ABDEEZ Waterproof Socks have an inner layer of bamboo fiber which is not only super comfy but also provides thermal regulation. It’s also light on the environment.
- 100% Shari'ah-Compliant - With official Islamic rulings (fatawa) from renowned Islamic institutions, ABDEEZ Waterproof Socks can also be used by Muslims to perform ablution (wudhu).
Sailing at sea is prone to give boaters serious eye troubles. The constantly glistening sun on the waters makes it tough to navigate correctly. Gift the sailor you know with this luxurious pair of sunglasses meant to keep the Sun and all its harmful rays at bay. Easy to pocket when not in use, it’s a classic look that never fades away. Additionally, anyone wearing these sunglasses at sea or on the docks cuts a dashing figure!
- NEVER LOSE A PAIR TO THE SEA AGAIN - These babies float, so you no longer have to worry about losing a pair to the drink again. You can also forget about having to put ugly floating sunglasses straps on your cool shades.
- POLARIZED LENSES - REDUCED GLARE - If you spend any time on the water you know you need polarized lenses. Whether you are fly fishing and need to spot the fish below the surface, sailing and watching for those slight ripples of a light gust or just wanting to enjoy not being blind, polarized lenses are a necessity.
- LIGHTWEIGHT and COMFORTABLE - These are the sunglasses that you are going to put on your head and then think you lost them and look around for them only to find they have been on your head the whole time. They are super lightweight and super comfortable so you can wear them all day long without issue.
- WATER and OIL REPELLENT LENSES - When you are out on the water, you get splashed, with the hydrophobic coating on these lenses, the water beads and runs right off. No more having to wipe your glasses so you can see. The lens also repel oil, so you don't have to worry about finger print smudges as much either.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY - We believe in standing behind our products. If you ever break or damage your sunglasses simply send them back to us and we will either repair or replace them. No Questions Asked. (Well we may ask a question like, how did you manage to break these into 1000 pieces? But we will still send you a replacement pair. We may just want to hear the epic story)
One handiest equipment sailors often bring with them on long voyages is the binoculars. They are light, portable, and great for picking out objects in the distance. They are of different focusing ranges and vary in cost, so be sure to have an eye on your budget while choosing one. This is an ideal gift for a sailor who spends extended periods at sea.
- PERFECT FOR MARINE - Marine binoculars with 7x magnification and 50mm objective lens;22 mm eye relief,6.8mm exit pupil,and field of view is 396 feet at 1000 yards / 132 meters at 1000 meters.
- ADAPT TO EXTREME ENVIRONMENT - Completly waterproof and float in water.Nitrogen-purged fog proofed Stable,comfortable to hold and highly durable.
- BRIGHT AND CLEAR - Porro prism system for a wide field of view.Premium BAK4 prism and Fully multi-coated optics produce bright,crisp images.
- COMPASS & RANGEFINDER - Illuminated Compass built-in for direction location,with an internal rangefinder for determining distance and size of objects.
- MILITARY STANDARS - Non-slip rubber armor absorbs shock & provides a firm grip.Tripod adapter fitting for tripod mounting for increased stability.
6. Sailor’s Knife
A sailor is always surrounded by two things- the vast ocean and ropes. Any boater will have to deal with different types of ropes daily and must be an expert in cutting them when required. For this, we recommend the sailor’s heavy-duty knife. It will easily cut through even the toughest of ropes, from cables to the mooring. Remember to include a sharpener as a gift because the constant wear and tear can dull the blade. It works perfectly for cutting open other everyday items as well.
7. Waterproof Bag
Keeping things dry on a boat can be a Herculean task, especially for those seeking adventure. That’s why getting a durable dry bag is the best gift for a sailor. Everything from personal belongings to small equipment and the first aid kit stays dry and in perfect working condition. They range in various sizes and have different attachments, so check those out too. And when not in use, they are compact and can be easily stowed away.
- RELIABLE PROTECTION: We believe our earth pak dry bags are the best out there--bar none. These dry bags are meant to last for years and provide waterproof protection for even the most rugged users
- SHOULDER STRAP: 10L & 20L dry bags come with a 24-42 Inch single shoulder strap. 30L, 40L, and 55L waterproof backpacks are equipped with backpack style shoulder straps that also come with a sternum strap for added stability. Our new 55L also comes equipped with a heavy duty waist-belt, which relieves added pressure and helps support your load
- IPX8 CERTIFIED WATERPROOF PHONE CASE: We have included our IPX8 Certified 6.5 Inch waterproof phone case that will fit even the largest of phones. This case features a very simple snap and lock access that has dual-sided clear windows that allow to take pictures while still inside the case. Suitable for phones up to 6.5 Inches of diagonal screen size
- IDEAL FOR TRAVEL: Our water bag is very lightweight and compact making it an essential dry bag for all your travel plans. Easy to fold and pack tight in any sized luggage!
8. Nautical Keychains
Confused about what to gift a boater? Wondering what would make the perfect gift but confused about what he would enjoy? We’ve come to your rescue with an all-time classic! Keychains meant for the open seas! With this gift, impress your favourite sailor with your thoughtfulness. Boaters are known to own multiple sets of keys- from the cabin and machinery to standard cupboard keys. Help them organize these nautical theme keychains.
9. Knot Tying Reference Guide
Knot tying is an essential seaman’s skill at sea, especially when dealing with anchors. Give your loved ones the gift of knowledge with this detailed reference kit that keeps them hooked for days. It is sure to be the perfect gift for a boater with some of the most common knots that will see them through the harshest weather conditions. Just make sure not to keep any loose rope around!
- Skyhorse Publishing (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 64 Pages - 05/05/2020 (Publication Date) - Skyhorse (Publisher)
There’s nothing more picturesque than lying on a boat, surrounded by the ocean, in a hammock. And that particular boater in your life will thank you for gifting them with an easy perfect hammock. It can be folded up and stowed away quickly and has added attachments. Now, they can spend their nights away from home under the stars. A hammock makes for a perfect boat accessory.
- EXTRA WIDE - EXTRA LONG - EXTRA COMFORTABLE - Larger than a double size bed - Lay in any direction with room to spare - Conforms To Your Body With No Pressure Points Or Rope Marks - Experience Blissful Relaxation Anywhere
- NYLON PARACHUTE MATERIAL CONSTRUCTION - Super Strong, Soft, Breathable & Quick Drying
- SUSPENSION SYSTEM INCLUDED - Super Tough - 100% Nylon 6mm Climbing Rope - 100" / 250 cm Per Side Included For Easy Set Up On The Go
- COMPACT - LIGHTWEIGHT - Ready For Adventure - Travel Bag Is Permanently Attached and Doubles As A Handy Gear Pouch
- TECH SPECS - Dimensions 80" x 118" (300 cm x 200 cm) - Strength Tested - 350 lbs / 160 Kg - Machine Washable and Dryable - Weighs Only 22 oz / 620 grams
11. Thermos Flask
Fuel and electricity are precious resources onboard a boat, and boaters cannot afford to reheat their beverages repeatedly. That’s where a handy portable stainless steel flask or tumbler comes into play. Just pour their favourite drink into it, and it stays at the best temperature for everyone to enjoy.
- KEEP IT HOT OR COLD: Our Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle is made with superior insulation that keeps liquids (soup, coffee, tea) hot or cold drinks cool for up to 24 hours It’s also made with BPA-free materials, keeping its contents safe to consume
- TOUGH AND DURABLE: The rust-proof 18/8 stainless steel construction on this insulated thermos means it can work just as hard as you do without impacting its performance This is an ideal bottle to throw into your truck, work bag or travel with it
- MULTI-PURPOSE LID: The Stanley thermos is designed with a leak-resistant lid, so you can put it in your backpack without worrying about any spills The wide mouth of the thermos helps with easy pouring into the lid that doubles as an eight-ounce cup. Thermos material: Stainless steel
- FILL IT FOR THE DAY: Our vacuum bottle comes in multiple sizes – 1 1qt, 1 5qt, and 2qt so you can fill it up with water once and be set for however long you need it The collapsible handle makes it easy to transport with you
12. Cooler Ice Chest
Small boats may not have the luxury of chilled storage space. But this doesn’t mean sailors can’t enjoy their favourite cold drink after a day’s work. By gifting them with a portable and compact ice chest, they will still be able to enjoy their favourite beverages. There are different available sizes, so pick one that best fits your boat. The internal reflection coating keeps beverages and other items at the ideal temperature so they can be relished.
- Ultratherm insulated body and lid keep ice for 5 days at 90 degrees Fahrenheit
- Reinforced swing-up handles with tie-down loop feature
- Dual snap-fit latches secure lid closure
- Threaded drain plug for hose hook up and easy draining
- 188-can capacity, Exterior Dimensions 38.31" L x 17.38" W x 17.75" D. Top - 34.69 x 14.88 x 13.25 inches. Bottom - 33 x 13.25 x 13.25 inches
13. Self-Drying Shoes
Everyone hates having wet shoes. They squelch, can leave you with sore feet, and is the first step to contracting infections. This problem is compounded further for boaters and sailors who have to spend extended periods in the water. That’s why getting them these quick-drying shoes can be a blessing. With advanced designs that rapidly drain away any stagnant water, it is guaranteed to keep your feet dry. They can be stowed away quickly and are available in both lacing and Velcro versions.
- 2.Breathable and durable air mesh upper allow the foot to breathe.
- 3.Open mesh on the upper and hole on the sole provides for superior breathability and quick drying.
- 4.OCCASION - beach, swimming, pool, wake-boarding, sailing, boating, kayaking, windsurfing, cycling, jogging, walking, fishing, beach volleyball, gardening, lawn, car-washing and driving. Family outings!
- 5.Feel free to contact us if any questions before ordering and after-sale issues!
14. Swiss Army Knife
When sailing, a boater often finds himself short of a fork, a spoon, or many other small tools. And carrying them individually can be cumbersome and consume a lot of space. The Swiss Army Knife is the perfect way around this. Equipped with different gadgets that fit snugly inside your pocket, it is handy to have around. This will be an excellent gift for adventurous boaters, from eating utensils to a knife and other miniature tools. There are different varieties to choose from, along with the various combinations of tools. To cut through thick cables and ropes, we recommend this knife’s heavy-duty and sturdier version on gift #6.
- A CUT ABOVE THE REST: Compact, agile and ready to face any adventure head-on. Our range of Swiss Army Knives have been established since 1897 and continue to be an icon of utility and smart design.
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Swiss made stainless steel construction encased in our popular scales offers a slimmer profile and is extremely resistant.
- COMPACT CARRY: Bring this knife with you on your daily adventures without sacrificing space. It makes a great gift for any occasion or stocking stuffer for Christmas.
- FIT FOR ALL TASKS: At their heart, all our pocket knives are a survival tool; multitaskers that deliver in any situation. At their most evolved they have surpassed basic function to pioneer space travel and restart engines.
- TRUSTED QUALITY: Made in Switzerland; Victorinox provides a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship. Making a lifetime commitment has never been so easy. No assembly required, money back guarantee.
15. Travelling Coffee Press
There’s nothing like a mug of steaming coffee to help you kick start your day. And this luxury should extend to even when you’re away from home, sailing on your boat. This travelling coffee press is guaranteed to get you out of bed in the morning. Portable and easy to use, you can now have your favourite blends while far away from home. All it takes is a charging port and some water, and Hey presto! Your coffee is ready.
- YOUR COFFEE, WITHOUT LIMITS- Become a savvy coffee traveler with the ESPRO travel press and no-leak mug; Brew and sip cafe-worthy coffee anywhere
- GRIT / SLUDGE FREE - Unlike other travel coffee presses, the patented double micro-filter keeps your cup extraordinarily free of grit and sludge; Leave no sip behind
- NO MORE BITTERNESS - Pressing the filter stops extraction completely, so your coffee doesn’t get bitter over time; The last drop tastes just like the first
- STAYS HOT - Stainless steel with vacuum insulation meticulously retains heat, so flavor is precisely delivered and your brew stays hot.
- FRIENDS FOR LIFE - Built durably to brew for life; Designed to be your forever travel french press
16. Engraved Compass
This engraved compass is the ideal gift for the adventurous sailor you know, who is ready to face anything he encounters at sea. With intriguing engravings on the case, it certainly gives off cool nautical vibes and is sure to be a massive hit with all adventure-loving boaters. When at sea, it acts as a navigational aid. While at home, it is an excellent piece to have on your wall and a great conversation piece.
- Solid Brass Compass Antiquated Brass Finish With Thoreau's Quote "GO CONFIDENTLY IN THE DIRECTION OF YOUR DREAMS LIVE THE LIFE YOU HAVE IMAGINED".
- Under the glass cover is a beautiful, detailed copper compass.
- The Thoreau's passage is engraved under the top cover of the compass..Size-Compass: 50mmX18mm, Leather Case:3.5x3.5x0.8 inches.
- A truly impressive and unique gift for your loved one and for various occasions. Father's day gifts, Christmas gifts
- A free brass keyring is sent along as a gift. Custom design/finish compass can order direct to NeoVivid
17. Waterproof Watch
Time is essential for a sailor, especially as you travel across various time zones and regions. Keeping up can be quite a challenge. We’ve got you covered, though, with a waterproof watch. For sailors and casual boaters alike, it’s sure to be a great hit. It is very stylish, but the best part is waterproof! That means less worrying about the perils of the seas and their harmful effects on your timepiece. It can remain submerged to high depths, ensuring that even after a swim, it’s still in perfect working condition.
No products found.
18. Waterproof Camera
The sights of Earth’s oceans are awe-inspiring, and these moments must be captured to share with friends and family. A waterproof camera is the best gift for boaters who love travelling to new locations. With the full range of functionality and added protection against damage, it is sure to be a handy way to keep track of journeys and special memories. The camera can also be paired with a stand and adjustable lenses, so check those out.
- Water proof (50 feet /15 meter), dust proof, shock proof (7 feet / 2.1 meter), crush proof (100 kgf), freeze proof (14 degree Fahrenheit / -10 degree Celsius), anti-fog
- High resolution F2.0 lens, maximum 8x zoom, true pic VIII, back illuminated CMOS image sensor
- Variable macro system comprised of 4 macro shooting modes, magnified shooting up to 1 centimeter from the end of the lens
- 5 underwater shooting modes including underwater microscope, 3 underwater white balance modes
- 4K movie and full HD 120 fps high speed movies can be recorded. Battery life - Approx. 340 Images (using Toshiba SDHC UHS-I Card Exceria with is on, based on CIPA testing standards). Approx. 50 minutes (under standard JEITA testing). Approx. 110 minutes (when zoom and other operational functions are not used). When repeatedly recording at the maximum time of 29 minutes
19. Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker
What better than hearing music while at sea? But sailors are often afraid of spoiling speakers by getting them accidentally soaked. Things are bound to get a bit wet while sailing, but these waterproof speakers ensure that your particular boater doesn’t have to forgo their favourite music. Now, they can listen to their favourite tunes while enjoying the calm serenity of the sea! Available in different sizes, they range from smaller versions that can fit in a backpack to a full-size stereo guaranteed to keep the party alive while away at sea.
- Sound - Megaboom features powerfully loud, clear, and immersive 360° sound with Deep thundering bass you can feel. All carefully balanced so you can hear every note.
- All-New Magic Button - Play, Pause, Skip and control any streaming music directly on the Bluetooth speaker with one touch of a button. Maximum Sound Level: 90dBC
- Fabric - Megaboom 3 is covered in a two-tone fabric that’s tough and beautiful. Engineered for extreme performance and colored two ways, it comes to life in a range of droolworthy Iridescent themes.
- POWER UP - Charge MEGABOOM 3 wirelessly with POWER UP charging dock–sold separately–so you can grab-and-go, fully charged, to your next musical adventure.
- Waterproof - Megaboom 3 is designed to get seriously wet and keep on booming. Featuring a ridiculous IP67 water and Dustproof rating, It can be totally submerged in water for up to 30-minutes. Plus, it floats too.
20. Waterproof Phone Cover
This waterproof phone case is a sailor’s dream come true! It not only protects against wetness and humidity but also allows the full range of usage and functionality of the phone without worrying about factors like sea spray, accidentally being dropped, and pretty much anything expected during a rough voyage. Available in various colours and with cool sticker options, it will make an excellent gift for the special sailor in your life.
No products found.
21. Portable Mini Movie Projector
Spending time away from family can be hard for sailors, and the long hours can make it tiring. But by gifting them with a handy mini-movie projector, you give them away to keep busy and enjoy. As this device is portable, it can be taken on any voyage and requires a power connection to keep it up and to run. Thanks to waterproofing, sailors can now play their favourite movies without fear of the equipment getting wet or damaged.
No products found.
22. eBook Reader / Kindle
Books are an excellent way to relax while at sea. But there’s a very high chance that they may accidentally get wet or damaged. Since you can’t waterproof books, why not gift a Kindle with a waterproof cover? It is lightweight, easy to carry around, and can store many more books than you can carry with you. This is why it makes the perfect companion when a sailor wants to sit in a corner and read their favourite book. With Kindle’s newer versions, you can read amazing titles worldwide, in dozens of languages, without any extra onboard weight.
- The thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet—with a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight.
- Now waterproof, so you’re free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool, or in the bath. Your Kindle has been tested to withstand accidental immersion in water.
- Enjoy twice the storage with 8 GB. Or choose 32 GB to hold more magazines, comics, and audiobooks.
- Now with Audible. Pair with Bluetooth headphones or speakers to listen to your story.
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours.
23. GPS Fish Finder
One of the most impressive sights while at sea is schools of fish skimming through the water. But, it’s a once-in-a-lifetime experience that many sailors never get to see. That’s why you should gift this Fish Finder a susceptible GPS mechanism to trace even the smallest marine life. You can set it up on the deck or integrate it with your existing GPS. High precision and real-time updates make it an essential piece of gear for any enthusiastic boater.
- Clear Vu scanning Sonar shows you more of what is in the water around your boat; This high frequency sonar gives near photographic images with detailed representations of objects, structure and fish
- The power of simple offers a keyed interface with dedicated buttons; The device is easy to use and easy to install; Available in 3.5, 5 and 7 inch display sizes; Water rating IPX7
- Waypoint map: Use the way point map to easily view, mark and navigate to locations such as brush piles, stumps and docks; Maximum depth 1,600 feet freshwater, 750 feet saltwater; Current draw at 12 volt: 0.23 Ampere
- Chirp Sonar sends a continuous sweep of frequencies which provides a wider range of information; Chirp Sonar is able to create crisper fish arches with better target separation
- Built in flasher: View your sonar data in the classic flasher format; Ideal for ice fishing or vertical jigging. Display size: 1.9 x 2.9 inches (4.9 x 7.3 centimeter); 3.5 inches diagonal (8.7 centimeter)
24. Marine Waterproof Navigational GPS
Getting lost on the road can be tough, but there are people and road signs to put you back on track. What do you do if you get lost on the high seas? Fear not for your loved ones by gifting them with this accurate and precise navigational GPS. With a host of features available from anywhere in the world, it will show them the path even in difficult situations. It’s easy to mount and use, is waterproof, and can withstand water pressure even tens of meters below the surface. It is one of the essential gear any sailor should have with them.
- Marine-friendly handheld with high-sensitivity GPS receiver and 2.6-inch color TFT display
- Perfect for boating/watersports--waterproof to IPX7 standards; floats in water
- Built-in BlueChart g2 U.S./Bahamas coastal charts with shorelines, depth contours, navaids, harbors, marinas, and more
- Built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass and barometric altimeter for heading/altitude/weather
- Share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible device user
25. Portable Solar Charger
While at sea, there may be no quick and straightforward method to generate electricity. There are generator sets, but they run on harmful fossil fuels that are likely to foul the environment. Gift this handy and multipurpose solar charger to a boater to ensure that appliances and equipment can be kept charged. With adapters and extension cables, it can power up most gadgets, mainly smartphones, and are handy for boat enthusiasts.
And all without polluting the environment!
- 【Upgraded Triple USB-A Ports】Each maximum output is 5V/2.4A and total maximum current of 3 USB is at 5V/4.8A. BigBlue 28w solar charger allows you to charge multiple devices at once. It comes with smart charge technology which can recognize your device smartly then providing optimal charging speed vary with different devices. BigBlue ensure 100% safe charging with overcurrent, overheating and short-circuit protection.
- 【Higher Solar Conversion】Highly efficient SunPower solar panel convert up to 24% of solar power into free energy in enough sunlight, which is the most durable panels at present, standing up to elements and wear and tear better than conventional panels. This special PET polymer surface protects solar panel from occasional rain or wet fog and three ports are covered with rubber cover to protect them from dust or water damage.
- 【Portable Camping Solar Panel】BigBlue solar charger is a great option if you’re taking an extended camping trip or if you’re traveling somewhere with an unreliable power grid. With compact size (11.6 × 6.3× 1.3in folded) and lightweight (20.5 oz) design, it is portable and light enough to fit into any camping backpack or hiking daypack. It is also a must have for stashing in an emergency kit.
- 【Wide Compatibility】BigBlue USB solar charger offers a tiny power plant that can generate power for your phone (Android and Apple) and small electronics to keep them charged when the sun is out (Note: you need the extra original cable for Apple devices). Our solar phone charger can't store the electricity and can't charge the laptops and iPad Pro.
- 【Package & Support】You will get BigBlue 28W Solar Charger, 50cm USB-A to USB-C Cable, User Manual and friendly Customer Service. Note: Any cloud or cover may influence the charging speed. Although our solar charger with automatic restart function, we still suggest you to reopen the solar panels and replug your device if the charging is too slow.
26. Power Bank (Solar/Waterproof)
When sailing on your boat for several days at a stretch, having enough charge on your phone can be challenging. It’s the main point of contact with your loved ones back on the shore but has excruciatingly short battery life. A gift that particular boater in your life with a power bank so you can stay connected. Capable of handling multiple charging sockets and with a quick recharge option, it occupies very little space and can be stored quickly enough.
- Brand-Oriented & Outdoor Charger Pro: With over ten years experience of portable solar power banks, BLAVOR has already gained the favor and trust of over 27 million global users. BLAVOR only uses the highest-grade materials, to provide safe and reliable products to customers.
- Leading USB C Input&Output Tech and Qi Wireless: 5V 2.4A output, 50% faster-charging speed, and zero damage to your devices. Support charging 3 devices simultaneously, multiple charging/recharge methods, freeing your worries of a power outage. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and most smart devices.
- Premium Battery & Smallest Solar Charger: BLAVOR uses the safer Lithium-cobalt battery, which is 50% more cycling times than a normal Li-polymer battery. The smallest and lightest portable charger on the market, real-rated 10,000mAh, A full charge can recharge the iPhone8 3.6 times, iPhone14pro 2.2 times, and the iPad Air once.
- Safe Material and Comfortable Design: The outer case is made from flame-retardant ABS+PC materials. The waterproof silicone better protects the internal structure of the charger. Rubber skin-feel oil coating process to form a protective film on the surface, comfortable touch, and exquisite appearance.
- Multi-Purpose Outdoor Power Bank: BLAVOR portable solar charger is made IPX5 waterproof, dustproof and shockproof. The built-in dual super bright flashlight and the included compass carabiner would further secure your safety during outdoor travels, the ideal companion for outdoor enthusiasts.
27. Boat Scruff Erasers
Every sailor knows that boating inevitably results in wear, tear, and scuff marks. It can turn your boat into a sore sight, from shoe skids to fishing pole marks and accidental brushes with the dock. That’s why the perfect gift would be scruff erasers! Just activate them with a bit of water, and they can wipe away nearly every type of dirt mark. They use enhanced dirt-removing sponges to remove even the toughest of stains.
- REMOVES MARKS & DIRT: Our premium Original Boat Eraser cleaner quickly removes dirt, grime, grease, salt, mud & scuffs from the deck, console, hull & seats of your boat. They lift away marks from shoes, fishing poles, nets, tackle boxes and coolers.
- NO HARSH CORROSIVE CHEMICALS: Effortlessly and magically cleaning marks from the interior & exterior of your boat. Simply add water, squeeze to activate, and wipe away dirt and stains. These sponges DO NOT contain bleach or other harsh chemicals.
- SAFE ON LOTS OF SURFACES: This perfect cool boating gift or accessories is safe and a perfect addition to your boat maintenance supplies pontoon or sail boat. Safe on fiberglass, leather, vinyl, plastic, aluminum, gelcoat & metal surfaces.
- REINFORCED CORE FOR DURABILITY: Extra thick sponges offer a reinforced core making them an essential boat accessory & gift. Erase away with a textured surface without soap erasing dirt from sinks, toilets, countertops, showers, walls, bath & more.
- WHY CHOOSE BETTER BOAT PRODUCTS: We are a family owned American business committed to making premium quality products and our customers happy. The Original makers of the Boat Eraser, we stand behind the quality of our products and support.
28. Nautical Bottle Opener
While at sea, every sailor loves to have a fridge stocked with a few drinks. Having a bottle opener with them ensures that after a day spent toiling away at sea, they will still be able to enjoy their favourite suds. To top that, it doubles as an excellent home decor piece that will surely be a great conversation opener. It’s small enough to carry discretely but robust sufficient to handle the larger bottles. Even if there’s an occasion to celebrate, the bottle opener has your special sailor covered.
29. Books on Boating and Sailing
While experienced sailors and seafarers may have extensive experience under their belt, many casual boaters also wish to learn. While courses may be tough to take, gifting them books related to boating and sailing will be the ultimate gift to help them indulge in their hobby. Offered on different topics and subjects, including mechanics, electronics, seamanship, piloting, and DIY repair, you have a wide variety of books to choose from for your perfect gift. Add a few bookmarks so they can pick up from wherever they left during their last journey.
- Hardcover Book
- Sleight, Steve (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 448 Pages - 06/06/2017 (Publication Date) - DK (Publisher)
30. Sailing-Themed Leather Notebook/Diary
Staying away from land can be a tough choice to make for sailors. At the same time, it provides them the chance to experience exciting sights from around the world. That makes this piece the perfect companion for sailors, who have to be away from land and loved ones, and also need to express themselves in the written word. It is leather-covered and follows a nautical theme, making it the ideal gift for the sailor you know. From pensive thoughts to stories of their journeys and adventures, it will surely be a memorable and valuable gift for them.
- ✅VINTAGE SAILOR DESIGN:European vintage style,high grade leather,embossed with a sailor element with a sense,delicate and smooth to touch,giving you a wonderful writing experience.
- ✅METAL PASSWORD LOCK: Antique Metal Combination Lock diary,password notebook,add to touch retro fashion sense,0-9 three-digit combination, hundreds of password combination,hundreds of password combination,good confidentiality.
- ✅PERFECT SIZE:B6 size,Diary leather cover size:20cm×14cm ×2.8cm (7.87x 5.51x 1.10inch),Pages size:18.6cm×12.8cm / (7.32x 5.04inch),The amount of paper:160 sheets/320 page,suitable for your diary records,easy to carry.
- ✅PREMIUM PAPER:100gsm beige dowling paper,comfortable,It can ensure Smooth Writing,don’t impermeable ink, alternating between horizontal and blank pages to meet the needs of diverse records.
- ✅GREAT GIFT:Great for jottings, ideas to use as a diary or secret diary or as a part of a collection,Makes an Awesome Christmas or Birthday Gift for girls and boys,college students all adults.
Over to you now…
If you know some gifts for boaters we might have missed, drop us a message in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What other gifts can be bought for a sailor?
You can gift a nice cup holder to prevent beverage spillage, a portable USB socket, a bungee dock line with foam floats, Garmin striker vivid fish finders, sailboat tape and much more.
2. What should every boat have onboard?
Every boat should have lifejackets, personal floatation devices, fire extinguishers and visual and sound signalling devices that can be used during an emergency. It should also have seal tape and other equipment that can be used to temporarily repair the boat in case of an accident or collision.
3. What does a magic eraser do on a boat?
Magic erasers also make a great gift. They can easily remove stains from vinyl floors, siding and boat seats. They can also eliminate dirt and grease stains from decks and walkways.
4. How do you wish good luck to a sailor?
It is common to use the phrase, ‘May you have fair winds and following seas’ to wish good luck to a sailor. However, certain symbols also bring good luck, as per legends. These include a black cat, a four-petal clove and a horseshoe, the cross or images of saints.
5. What is a must-have on a boat or vessel?
A first-aid kit is a must for every boater, sailor or marine enthusiast for safety purposes. It should have all the medicines you might need in an emergency. You can have a customised one if you suffer from chronic allergies or asthma-related ailments.
You may also like to read –
- 12 Sailing Books For Beginners
- Top 11 Books On Boating
- 10 Best Sailing Watches
- 7 Cool LEGO® Ship Sets Everyone Must Have
Disclaimer: The author’s views expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of Marine Insight. Data and charts, if used, in the article have been sourced from available information and have not been authenticated by any statutory authority. The author and Marine Insight do not claim it to be accurate nor accept any responsibility for the same. The views constitute only the opinions and do not constitute any guidelines or recommendations on any course of action to be followed by the reader.
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning we get a small commission if you decide to make a purchase through our links, at no additional cost to you. You can read our full disclaimer here.
The article or images cannot be reproduced, copied, shared, or used in any form without the permission of the author and Marine Insight.
Ajay Menon is a graduate of the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, with an integrated major in Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture. Besides writing, he balances chess and works out tunes on his keyboard during his free time.