The industry leading ABS FCI Cyber Risk™ Methodology has won the Cyber Security Award at the annual Seatrade Maritime Awards.
The Seatrade award for the ABS proprietary FCI Cyber Risk™ Methodology follows a top industry award from Smart4Sea magazine earlier this year, confirming ABS as the global leader in cybersecurity for the maritime and offshore industries.
“ABS remains at the forefront of safety leadership. As our safety world transforms and focuses on the systems we don’t see, such as software and digital, cyber is quickly adding a new dimension to safety systems,” said Christopher J. Wiernicki, ABS Chairman, President and CEO. “I am very proud to confirm that ABS continues to live its mission by leading in this new frontier and we are recognized as the industry leader.
“ABS leads the way in helping the marine and offshore industries tackle the cyber threat. No other solution makes it so straightforward for operators and owners to gain such a deep understanding of their cyber risk and the steps they can take to improve it,” said Russ Medeiros, Vice President, ABS Advanced Solutions.
ABS developed the groundbreaking new FCI Cyber Risk™ methodology to measure cybersecurity risk associated with operational technology, providing clients a calculated risk index for vessels, fleets and facilities. The approach quantifies cybersecurity risk and gives owners and operators an actionable strategy to reduce cyber risk onboard a vessel. Effectively, it places the controls for responding to cyber risks back into the hands of the asset owner.
The ABS FCI Cyber Risk™ Methodology was developed following a two-year research contract with the Maritime Security Center—a U.S. Department of Homeland Security Center of Excellence—led by Stevens Institute of Technology and including the US Department of Defense.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships