The Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) has unveiled a mobile harbour concept for container ships that can not only solve several problems pertaining to port operation but can also increase the overall trade at ports around the world.
Problems of ship traffic congestion at ports are becoming a common problem around the world. Either container ships have to wait for several hours to get its “berthing time” or cannot enter the port due to length and draft problems. The mobile harbour concept, when brought to reality, will be a one-stop-solution for all these problems.
According to the engineers behind the project, now the ship would not come to the harbour but the harbour would go to ship anchored near the port. The mobile harbour would not only have all the facilities of a port such as gantry cranes and loading and unloading facilities but also work will a unique technology to make the cargo operation faster and efficient.
Check out the video to find out how the concept works and how it can change several problems related to port operations.
You may also like to read- Eco friendly Cruise ship of the future
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships