Predatory marine animals are apparently the all-time worst nightmares of scuba divers. And, if someone finds a worst situation that should never happen to them when they actually dive, this would be that scenario: getting caught under a huge freighter.
A shocking video, which remerged on internet almost three years after it was uploaded on YouTube, shows how a Scuba diver was lucky to overcome a situation in which a freighter passed over him whilst he was diving.
The video caught attention of many now after it was posted as a gif to Reddit recently, raising quiet many eyebrows.
Reports said the guy was diving in the St. Clair River, US, when he had a close brush with death, keeping himself away from a spinning propeller.
The video shows the diver maintains his position with the help of a rope that is secured to a bed of rocks in the water when the freighter passes over him with a terrific noise.
At one point, as seen in the video, he loses his grip on the rope, but was able to manage his balance immediately at the bottom of the river.
“If that was unexpected, I’d probably just up and die on the spot. Too much “Nope” for me to handle,” one person commented on Reddit.
“This is a channel somewhere and he almost certainly is not supposed to be diving there,” another responded in shock.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships