This is a real scary video which shows how carelessly a ship’s crew handles a tug boat using the ship’s crane. It seems that the crew is either trying to put the boat onto the ship’s deck or into the water, but which miserably fails in the end.
What is more surprising is the crew’s inefficiency to control the boat, which swings uncontrollably as the crew tries to manage it using ropes. The in-charge of the operation even comes close to a near-miss accident as the tug boat swings into his direction but obstructed by the ship’s structure.
However, immediately after few seconds, the most scariest and unexpected thing happens. The rigging breaks and the boat falls into the water upside down. Luckily, the crew members were clear and no one was hurt.
Though not much information of the video is provided, it clearly shows the inability of the ship’s crew to properly carry out the operation, which should have done with more planning, preparation and safety.
Watch the video:
What do you think of the video? Let us know in the comments below.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine