The vessel is named Jouri and was converted from a vehicle carrier to a livestock carrier under the survey of IRClass which included structural modification, plan approval and reapproval of stability conditions.
The modification process was complicated and was carried out under the close supervision of its surveyors to the complete satisfaction of owner – Etab Shipping S.A. and Technical Manager – M/s Safe Sea Service S.A.R.L Beirut.
“The project took around 4 months to complete, including overcoming technical challenges like the location of permanent ballast and arrangement for storage of cattle feed to take into account the stability of the vessel,” said Rajeev Pratap Rao, IRClass’ Regional Manager for Middle East and Africa.
“Class societies are increasingly being seen not just as regulators but also as enablers and this project is a perfect example of this with our Plan Approval team and surveyors using their technical expertise to advise and guide the modification team. As this project was such a success we are now working on a similar conversion for the City of Barcelona.” he continued.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships