With the introduction of stringent environmental regulations in the maritime industry, almost all modern ships are now fitted with a variety of eco-friendly machinery and systems. These green technologies not only reduce the carbon footprints but also help in saving fuel and increasing efficiency of ships.
This infographics explains all the famous green technologies that have been implemented on ships or are under active development.
Technologies mentioned in the infographics for an eco-friendy ship:
2. Solar / Wind Sails
3. Air Bubbles / Air Lubrication System, Carpet of bubbles
7. Hull Protection
This is not an exhaustive list of green technologies introduced in the maritime market but all the important ones that have caught the attention of ship owners and maritime organizations.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine