After 14 months of construction, the Shell Prelude FLNG project continues to create history.
Measuring nearly half a kilometre in length and weighing over 200,000 tonnes, the facility’s enormous hull is ready to take to the water for the first time.
Some important figures of Shell Prelude:
- 1600 feet long with a displacement of 600,000 tons
- Once operational, it will produce at least 5.3 million tonnes per annum of liquid
- It is 488 meter long and 74 meter wide
- It is the largest floating offshore facility in the world
- Can withstand the most powerful cyclones
- Avoids the need for shoreline pipe crossings, dredging and jetty works
Watch the video of the launch the largest hull ever sent to sea.