The Goliat FPSO was successfully floated off the heavy vessel transport, Dockwise Vanguard, in Hammerfest.
The operation went according to plan, and the platform will now be temporarily moored in Ersvika, six kilometres south of Hammerfest.
Once in Ersvika, work to complete preparations for tow out to the Goliat field will begin. This will include inspections, tests and checks of all systems and equipment. Tow out to the field in the Barents Sea is expected to happen early May. The field is expected to come on stream by mid-year.
NOTE: Marine Insight does not have enough information to verify this video and cannot vouch for its accuracy. This video is for information purpose only.
Marine Insight does not own the rights of the video.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine