Mediterranean mooring or “med mooring” is a type of method used to moor vessels perpendicular to the pier, thus occupying less space as it is connected to a fixed length of pier along the width rather than its length.
However, Mediterranean mooring is dangerous as there are high chances of collision and is not practical in deep water or in regions with large tides.
This mooring technique takes years of experience to master and the master of the vessel in the video below definitely seems to have perfected the act.
Checkout this cool video to learn as to how mediterranean mooring is done perfectly.
NOTE: Marine Insight does not have enough information to verify this video and cannot vouch for its accuracy. This video is for information purpose only.
Marine Insight does not own the rights of the video.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine