Recently Marine Insight did a little survey involving marine engineers presently working on various types of ships. We asked them which machinery maintenance procedure they find complicated and intimidating. Surprisingly, more than 50% of marine engineers said Generator Overhauling (D’carb).
Those working on ships must be aware of the complexities involved with generator d’carb procedure. It is said that more than two out of ten marine engineers working on ships have never seen generator overhauling in the first five years of their careers on ships. Moreover, majority of those who already have an experience with the d’carb procedure lack the confidence to perform the task on their own. As it is a known fact that generator d’carb is more of a team work, maximum number of marine engineers have admitted consulting seniors and taking guidance from manuals and other similar references.
Another common complain we often receive from marine engineers is the lack of a solid reference guide which would assist them through the entire generator overhauling procedure. Maritime professionals working on ships require guidelines and step-by-step procedure on how to carry out generator overhauling. Additionally they also require expert’s advice, special tips and tricks, real life incidences and other similar information which would help them to remember and recollect important information related to generator overhauling.
Considering the number of questions Marine Insight receives on generator overhauling and maintenance, we decided to find a concerete solution to all major difficulties faced by marine engineers working on ships. Combining years of experience along with experts’ advice and real life incidences, we have made an ultimate resource called “A Step-By-Step Guide to Overhauling Generators on Ships”.
This powerful guide is a great resource for marine engineers who wants to master their generator overhauling skills. In this resource you will learn:
- Pre-Planning before doing d’carb
- Opening of major parts of the generator
- Checks required while generator d’carb
- Closing and Assembling of all major parts
- Starting preparation after d’carb
- Running-in and inspection
- Alternator Maintenance during d’carb procedure
And much more..
The Guide also includes some exciting extras like:
- Expert Advice
- Tips and Tricks
- Practical solutions to common problems
- 5 Gauging Sheets
- 3 Checklists
Do you want to learn generator d’carb (overhauling) the right way?
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine