North P&I Club has announced details of a new benefit for its members to encourage them to better understand their vulnerabilities to cyber risk and to improve their cybersecurity processes and systems ahead of the International Maritime Organization’s deadline for safety compliance in January 2021. North has partnered with HudsonCyber to offer its Members access to their HACyberLogix platform.
HACyberLogix is a secure, cloud-based programme, designed specifically for the maritime industry. It will enable North’s Members to assess their cybersecurity capabilities and gain insight into what changes need to be implemented for January 2021 compliance.
During an initial trial period, North’s Members will have access to HACyberLogix (Level 1) programme with confidential assessment and reporting, gaining insight into the operational changes and improvements required for January 2021 compliance.
Colin Gillespie, Director (Loss Prevention) at North, said, “North P&I Club is committed to assisting Members prepare for the ever-changing regulatory environment and this partnership with HudsonCyber will help our Members meet the challenges presented by the upcoming requirement for cyber risks management to be included in Safety Management Systems from January 2021.”
Hudson’s HACyberLogix platform integrates industry-leading cybersecurity standards, frameworks and standardized practices, including the IMO’s International Ship and Port Security Code and the International Safety Management Code, therefore empowering North’s Members to rapidly and cost-effectively implement and sustain a cyber risk management framework compliant with the IMO’s guidelines on Maritime Cyber Risk Management.
Colin continued, “Changes to operations may be time-consuming and complex. We believe that the insights derived from Cyberlogix will inform decision making and allow efficient allocation of resources to support cybersecurity efforts in shipping companies.”
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine