Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, Ltd. (“K” Line) is pleased to announce that National Ocean and Atmosphere Administration (NOAA) has honored “K” Line with a gold award for the company’s participation with the high level of compliance rate during 2018 voluntary Vessel Speed Reduction (VSR) Incentive program. The program aims to protect whales in Santa Barbara Channel and San Francisco Bay Area, and calls for vessels’ speed reduction sailing these waters.
We have been participating in this program since last year and have been highly evaluated for the eco-friendly slow steaming of our car carrier vessels in the waters between July and November last year
In addition, at the Port of Long Beach, we have been commended for the program called ”Green Flag Program” by the port authority for fourteen consecutive years since 2005, which is asking vessels to reduce its speed within 40 nautical miles (about 74 kilometers) from the port in order to prevent air pollution. In 2018, we achieved a high compliance rate of over 90% for vessels’ slow steaming.
“K” Line Group continues its focus on contributing to environmental and biodiversity conservation through its active participation in environmental initiatives taken by port authorities around the world in order to fulfill our mission to hand down a sustainable society as well as this blue and beautiful ocean to the next generation under “K” Line Environmental Vision 2050.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine