MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company, a global leader in transportation and logistics, is grateful to the Port of Oakland for acknowledging the container line’s 100% record for shore-power ready vessels.
Every MSC vessel which called at Oakland in 2018 was equipped with the necessary equipment to connect to the port’s local power connection, in order to switch to electric power and observe local regulations.
California has been a pioneer in encouraging shipping lines to switch from using the marine fuel carried on vessels to local power when in port, helping to minimize airborne environmental emissions.
MSC is happy to have received this commendation on 22 January 2019 and to raise awareness of the importance of such environmental regulations.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships