Leading international seafarer welfare charity, The Mission to Seafarers has opened nominations for the annual Singapore Awards Dinner. The call is for the maritime community to propose individuals and organisations that have made significant contributions to improving the welfare of seafarers.
The five categories for this year’s Singapore Seafarers’ Awards Dinner, which will take place on 29th May 2020 have been announced and all proceeds from this event will go to The Mission to Seafarers Singapore.
The awards honour the commitment and contributions to seafarers’ welfare made by seafarers, shore staff and shipping companies around the globe.
The five categories are:
- Seafarer’s Award – The seafarer who has made a significant contribution to welfare at sea
- Shore-based Award – The shore-based person who has made a significant contribution to seafarers’ welfare
- Innovation Award – For the company who has embraced a new programme, project or training which has enhanced seafarers’ welfare
- Cadet Award – for the Cadet or Trainee who has made a significant contribution to seafarers’ welfare at sea or ashore
- Secretary General Award – The person or company who has shown sustained efforts to improve seafarers’ welfare at sea or ashore
Canon Andrew Wright, Secretary General, The Mission to Seafarers, said:
“We host this special evening to recognise the significant role seafarers play in our everyday lives. We want those individuals going above and beyond to make a difference to the lives of those at sea to be rewarded for their hard work and passion.
“If you know a colleague, crewmate, seafarer, or perhaps a member of shore staff who cares and contributes to the wellbeing of our seafarers, we want to hear from you. This is an opportunity to acknowledge those who have gone the extra mile in supporting those who work far from home in one of the most inhospitable environments.”
The Awards dinner will take place at Singapore’s Mandarin Oriental Hotel, and is supported by gold sponsors Shell and BHP, along with silver sponsors North P&I, SOS, SMOU and Bureau Veritas. The event will open with a drinks reception sponsored by HFW.
For more information regarding how to submit a nomination or book a table, please follow the link here.