Workers’ unions affiliated to the ITF have formed a new group in Papua New Guinea to cooperate more closely together.
The national coordinating committee includes working people from the Papua New Guinea Maritime and Transport Workers Union (PNGMTWU) and the National Airlines Employees’ Association (NAEA).
Alvira Bunemiga (PNGMTWU) was elected to be the young transport workers’ representative on the committee, Rosie Koibua (NAEA) represents women transport workers and Eddie Fou (NAEA) is the chair.
Several other unions considering joining the ITF attended the meeting as observers.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine