On September 28th, HMM signed the formal contracts for its twenty eco-friendly mega containerships with three shipyards – Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME), Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) and Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI).
DSME and SHI will build seven and five 23,000 TEU containerships, respectively, which are expected for delivery in the second quarter of 2020. HHI will construct eight 15,000 TEU containerships to be delivered in the second quarter of 2021.
The Ceremonies were held with each shipbuilding companies and attended by CEO & President of DSME Mr. Sung Leep Jung, President & Inside Director of HHI Mr. Sam Hyun Ka and President & CEO of SHI Mr. Joon Ou Nam including President & CEO of HMM Mr. Chang Keun Yoo.
Press Release: hmm21.com
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships