CMA CGM has been CEVA Logistics’ reference shareholder since its listing on the SIX stock exchange in May 2018. CMA CGM signed a new relationship agreement with CEVA on Wednesday, October 24th to reinforce the industrial cooperation between the two companies. All the CEVA shareholders will have the opportunity to benefit from the substantial value creation expected from this cooperation with a commitment to keep the CEVA shares listed.
This agreement will make it possible for CEVA Logistics to accelerate its transformation by:
- Bringing CMA CGM’s operational expertise and its experience in corporate transformations to help CEVA achieve its recovery plan faster and more efficiently.
- Creating new commercial opportunities: as a leader in the sea transport sector with an international commercial network, CMA CGM will generate new opportunities for CEVA Logistics.
- Adding value to the commercial complementarities between CEVA Logistics’ and CMA CGM’s freight management activities: CMA CGM will transfer its freight management activities to CEVA Logistics, thus strengthening the company and creating economies of scale.
- Supporting CEVA Logistics’ reorganization and development strategy: CMA CGM will support additional investments aiming – among other things- at implementing CEVA Logistics’ digital and IT transformation which will stimulate its commercial success and operational efficiency.
This industrial cooperation has received the full support of CEVA Logistics’ board of directors and management. It preserves CEVA Logistics’ assets and identity. It will be in the best interest of the company:
- CEVA Logistics’ clients, who will benefit from a broader offering of services
- Its employees, who will participate in the development of a stronger company
- Its shareholders: the industrial cooperation offered by CMA CGM will significantly improve the financial performance of CEVA Logistics. CMA CGM commits to maintain the company’s share listing at the SIX Swiss Exchange and to have a significant free float.
The agreement signed between CMA CGM and CEVA also entails:
A removal of the drag along clause in the relationship agreement previously entered into
A voluntary public tender offer from CMA CGM, for a value of 30 CHF per share in cash, for the CEVA Logistics shareholders who wish to sell their shares despite the value creation potential from the industrial cooperation with CMA CGM, which will be pre-announced by November 30, 2018, at the latest.
Rodolphe Saadé, Chief Executive Officer of CMA CGM declared:
“We are convinced of CEVA Logistics’ potential. This industrial cooperation will make it possible to accelerate its required transformation and to make it a more profitable and efficient leader in logistics for the benefit of its clients, its employees and its shareholders. It reconfirms CMA CGM as the reference shareholder as well as its long-term partner.”
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. While we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Marine Insight News Network is a premier source for up-to-date, comprehensive, and insightful coverage of the maritime industry. Dedicated to offering the latest news, trends, and analyses in shipping, marine technology, regulations, and global maritime affairs, Marine Insight News Network prides itself on delivering accurate, engaging, and relevant information.
Latest Shipping News You Would Like:
Get the Latest Maritime News Delivered to Your Inbox!
Our free, fast, and fun newsletter on the global maritime industry, delivered everyday.