The Norwegian Epic is a cruising epic truly befitting its name. The largest vessel in the Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) fleet, the Epic has also been ranked among the world’s biggest cruise vessels for 2013. Norwegian Epic began its operational journey in the year 2010 and in the three years since, has been a source of extreme pride and achievement for the Norwegian cruise company.
The luxury cruise vessel was proposed to be constructed as a part of the revamping project of the cruise line’s Freestyle range of cruise ships. Built by the European shipbuilding giant STX at their St. Nazaire shipbuilding yard, the Norwegian Epic Cruise Ship underlines several key characteristics of the Freestyle range.
In addition, the vessel’s features are yet totally anew from the existing NCL fleet with several prominent value additions incorporated to further enhance its aesthetic appeal.
Norwegian Epic: Salient Highlights
The most important stand-out feature of the Norwegian Epic cruise vessel is the abundance of space within it. The luxury cruise ship has a length of nearly 1,100 feet and a width of over 130 feet, more than amply distributed between all of the recreational amenities housed within it. Voyagers aboard the Epic thus get to enjoy and make the most of the creature comforts provided.
Alongside the emphasis on spaciousness, some of the other salient features of the Epic can be enumerated as thus:
- Exquisite cruise destinations around the Caribbean, round-the-year. Some of the star-studded locales include the Bahamas, Costa Maya in Mexico, the Virgin Islands, Honduras and St. Maarten.
- Plush living accommodations blending vintage NCL luxury offerings with several new and attractive add-ons
- Highly opulent recreational choices that include musical and theatrical performances and comedy shows
- Discotheques and dance lounges rivaling the best in countries world-wide
- Exceptional restaurants providing uniquely blissful and sinful cuisines
- Spas and relaxation centers that pamper the voyagers’ sense of solitude and nirvana aboard the vessel
A thoroughly laid-back cruising experience for the entire complement of 4,100 cruisers is sought to be provided aboard the cruise ship. This aspect has also considerably enhanced the cruising demand for the Norwegian Epic.
Apart from the splendor of the Epic, 2013 will also see the operational commencement of yet another Norwegian Cruise Line marvel. The Norwegian Breakaway is set to begin its operations from the month of March, with even more resplendence to the cruise line’s existing vessel fleet.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships