The cruising sector across the world got its first glimpse of the NCL cruise line vessel, Norwegian Breakaway in May 2013. The first of the duo of the prestigious cruise liners commissioned by the shipping empire, the Norwegian Breakaway prognosticates an exhilarating journey for voyagers aboard yet another gem of the Norwegian cruises.
A riveting constructional specimen both on its exterior as well as its interior, the Norwegian Breakaway is a unique blend of its own structural uniqueness whilst imbibing aspects from some of the other NCL cruise line fleet. This paradigm lends the Breakaway complete and utter resplendence when compared with her other sister vessels, even before she takes to the seas as a part of the NCL cruises 2013.
Norwegian Breakaway: Key Characteristics
- Meyer Werft, the famed German shipbuilding corporation was awarded the constructional contract of the Norwegian Breakaway
- The Norwegian Breakaway has a Gross Registered Tonnage (GRT) of over 1, 45,000 tonnes with a voyager carrying capacitance of over 4,000
- A choicest of cruising itineraries is available for the cruisers to choose from. Cruisers can explore exotic locales in the Caribbean, Europe, Bermudas, the Bahamian Islands and even to certain singular cruising destinations across the Atlantic
- The Norwegian Breakaway provides stellar entertainment avenues for the voyagers to experience.
The entertainment amenities include uber-luxurious lounging and club facilities, special entertainment zones for pre-teens and teenagers and a specific adventure sporting composite to thrall the cruisers, irrespective of their age.
- Voyagers can also experience an amazing array of culinary displays with the choicest of delicacies available at their disposal with Italian, French, Brazilian and even the vintage American frankfurter (hotdog) cuisines being offered on the eating menu cards
- The NCL Breakaway also boasts of providing excellent ambience to enjoy the pubs, taprooms, cocktail lounges and coffee houses, which further enrich its novelty
The motto of the NCL cruise line was to infuse a new lease of life in their potential cruisers by helping them unwind and relax from life’s monotony. With the remainder of the time for the vessel to be put into operation calculated in terms of days and weeks rather than months, it is expected that the voyager turn-out for the NCL cruises 2013 on the Norwegian Breakaway will be a monumental success.
This aspect thus further provides testimony to the fact that the cumulate has more than justified its envisioned objective behind the vessel’s construction and successful acceptance in the eyes of the global cruising industry.
Get the Latest Maritime News Delivered to Your Inbox!
Our free, fast, and fun newsletter on the global maritime industry, delivered everyday.