The Allure of the Seas is the largest cruise ship that sails the high seas today. This massive cruise ship owned by the Royal Caribbean International operates on the Caribbean route between Fort Lauderdale in Florida and the Caribbean seas. The ship has a passenger carrying capacity of 5400. There are overall 2,700 rooms and 16 decks in the ship.
- The gross tonnage of the Allure of the Seas is 2,20,000 tons while its displacement is around 1,00,000 tons
- The maximum speed of the ship is around 16.8 knots while its average speed is around 15.3 knots
- Lengthwise the ship measures around 1,181 feet and when compared to its sister ship Oasis of the Seas, it measures around 2 inches more. This was the major deciding factor that proved that the Allure of the Seas was the largest ship as opposed to the Oasis of the Seas which was presumed to be the larger ship.
Some interesting features of the largest cruise ship, Allure of the Seas are:
- Starbucks, a world renowned coffee chain whose coffee services and quality is highly supreme has their outlet on the ship.
- It has a specific area that is allocated for youngsters and kids and is known as the “youth zone”. In fact this area is supposed to be the largest area that any ship has allocated for the youngsters.
- There are loft suites specifically built to enhance the beauty of the water world while the ship is on water – overall 28 suites
- There is an amphitheatre that a seating capacity of around 1,300 people
- Just like there is a specific area for kids, there is a special solarium that caters to the needs of the adults present in the ship
- There are spas and fitness training areas provided for the benefit of the passengers of the ship. In fact the ship has over 150 machines set-up solely for the purpose of cardio exercises
- The ship has 10 whirlpools and four pools to enhance the travelling atmosphere of the passengers
Because of the so many features enabled in the ship, Allure of the Seas is known as a mini-world by in-itself.
Each of the Royal Caribbean International ships has something very unique and attractive about them. But no other ship has so much singularity like the Allure of the Seas, making the ship a very popular and interesting place to be, even though the cruise destination of the ship is alluring enough.
The Allure of the Seas has been nominated for Nor-Shipping Awards 2011 under the Clean Ship Awards category. The award ceremony will be held in Norway on the 24th May 2011
Marine Insight News Network is a premier source for up-to-date, comprehensive, and insightful coverage of the maritime industry. Dedicated to offering the latest news, trends, and analyses in shipping, marine technology, regulations, and global maritime affairs, Marine Insight News Network prides itself on delivering accurate, engaging, and relevant information.