Originally intended to be a personal cruising vessel for the erstwhile Libyan ruler Muhammar Gaddafi, MSC Preziosa christened as Phoenicia now bears the hallmark of the renowned MSC Cruise Line.
Rechristened as MSC Preziosa, the vessel is at present being extensively outfitted and refurbished in the French shipbuilding yard of STX, to meet the standards of the reputed cruising conglomerate.
Classified under the Fantasia cadre of the cruise company, the technical specifications of MSC Preziosa will be completely alike its preceding sister vessel – the Divina. The vessel was commissioned in the year 2010 and is expected to be launched for its maiden voyage in the summer of 2013.
MSC Preziosa: Specifications and Features
- Preziosa measures over 330 feet lengthwise with a breadth of almost 40 metres and a height of almost 67 metres
- The GRT of the vessel is placed at 1, 40,000 tonnes with a depth of slightly over eight metres
- An uber-luxurious vessel, Preziosa has an accommodation capacitance of almost 4,000 voyagers and a crew of almost 1,400 members
- The vessel’s inaugural ocean trip is expected to be between its shipbuilding yard at France (St. Nazaire) to Italy (Genoa)
- Preziosa has been architecturally designed to meet the current needs of maritime ecosystem sustenance and preservation
- The total cost of the vessel’s designing and structuring is placed at around five-point-five billion Euros
- MSC Preziosa boasts of lavish and opulent service providing to its patrons and is equipped with bistros and bars, theatres, lounges and spas, unrivalled and unmatched by many
- The Yacht Club is a special attraction, giving the choicest few voyagers a rarefied chance to be pampered and cosseted like nowhere else
Although the MSC Preziosa hasn’t been put into operation yet, there’s a lot of excitement buzzing around in the maritime community about the excellent voyaging potentiality it seeks to offer. Thus it’s more than apt to plan to take a cruise aboard the MSC Preziosa so as to reaffirm its excellence.