Moving a company’s operations from a country that is located far, to a nearby country is known as nearshoring.
When a more viable option of running an operation located in a far-away country is available in a near country, companies usually go for it.
Nearshoring brings it closer to the organization’s main base. The proximity means ease of access as well as lowered costs.
A company can have more control over the operations with lesser cultural differences between locations.
While offshoring moves a company’s operations to another country where the cost of doing business is less, nearshoring brings it closer to the parent company.
You might also like to read:
- What is Flexitank in Shipping?
- What Are OEM and ODM In Shipping?
- Understanding Block Stowage In Shipping
- What is Ex-Works in Shipping?
- What Is Dangerous Goods Declaration in Shipping?
- What is Integrated Logistics Management?
Disclaimer: The authors’ views expressed in this article do not necessarily reflect the views of Marine Insight. Data and charts, if used, in the article have been sourced from available information and have not been authenticated by any statutory authority. The author and Marine Insight do not claim it to be accurate nor accept any responsibility for the same. The views constitute only the opinions and do not constitute any guidelines or recommendations on any course of action to be followed by the reader.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine