Owned by an unknown Arabic multi-millionaire and jet-setter, Azzam is set to be the world’s newest and largest superyacht wonder. Poised to sail the seas in the autumn of 2013, the superyacht is currently being built by the revered German shipbuilder Lurssen at their shipbuilding yard at Bremen. A never-seen before ultra-opulent designing further separates the Azzam as a majestic superyacht to roam on the magnificent oceanic waters. Azzam will replace Superyacht Eclipse, presently the world’s largest superyacht.
Although the identity of Azzam’s owner remains a closely held secret, there’s nothing hidden about the superyacht’s engineering features and amenities. The yacht’s construction is based on the engineering model provided by the Italian ship architectural company, Nauta with technical specifications detailed by reputed maritime engineering expert, Mubarak Saad al-Ahbabi. Azzam’s technical dimensions put it right at the top of the world’s biggest superyacht marvels evensurpassing Eclipse, the world’s largest yacht presently.
An overview of Azzam’s constructional superiorities can be enumerated as follows:
- Constructional cost of over US$ 600 million
- A length of around 180 metres, over 17 metres longer than Eclipse with a beam of almost 21 metres and a draft of nearly 4.5 metres
- A GRT of around 14,000 tonnes
- Accommodation provided by way of 50 luxurious cabin suites with an entourage of about 50 crewing personnel
- State-of-the-art manoeuvring systems accounting for high speeds touching up to 30 knots
- First vessel to be equipped with heatrecycling systems to operate the equipment aiding in the water desalinisation processes
- Unique construction allowing for substantial reduction in the emanating of noxious gasesand enhanced operational efficiency
Azzam’s builderLurssen also holds the distinction of constructing Topaz, presently the world’s fourth largest superyacht. Alongside Topaz and Eclipse, the list of the world’s largest super yachts also includes the likes of Pelorus, owned by the noted Russian oligarch Roman Abramovich.
With a name that translates to ‘determination’ in English, Azzamtruly presents a strongly determined picture of yachting splendour before the whole wide world to behold.
You may also like to read:- The Awe-Inspiring Adastra Superyacht
References: nydailynews, boatinternational, worldrecordacademy
Image Credits: swide, charterworld, resources0
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Captain Falls Overboard From Bulk Carrier, Survived 3 Days By Clinging To Wood
- Two Tanker Ships Carrying Palm Oil Seized By Indonesian Navy
- Filipino Seaman Pleads Guilty In Crew Member’s Murder On LA-Bound Cargo Vessel
- Ship Owner And Operator Plead Guilty To Environmental And Safety Crimes; Fined $1 Million Each