The ILO’s Maritime Labour Convention, which enters into force worldwide August 20, 2013, provides for the first time comprehensive protection at work for seafarers, while also promoting conditions of fair competition for shipowners.
A new video has been launched by ILO for this occasion.
Few more importance resources on Maritime Labour Convention (MLC), 2006:
- Importance of Maritime Labour Convention, 2006
- A Guide to Maritime Labour Convention, 2006 for Maritime Professionals
Watch the video below:
What do you think of the MLC, 2006? Let us know in the comments below.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine