Life jacket is one of the most important personal protective equipment available on board ships. According to ship safety regulations, every seafarer on board ship is provided with a life jacket and he or she must know how to use it in case of emergencies.
Though the procedure of putting on a life jacket might seem an easy task, seafarers have often been found making mistakes in doing so, especially in case of emergency situations.
It is therefore not only important that every seafarer knows how to wear a life jacket but also necessary that he or she understands how to put it on quickly and properly.
Watch the videos below to understand and remember the procedure to wear a life jacket.
How to wear a life jacket?
How to wear a life jacket in water?
Also, sometimes it so happen that because of dearth of time during emergencies or due to unfavourable circumstances, seafarer might have to wear the life jacket after jumping in the water.
Note that wearing the life jacket while in water is not an easy task. Putting on the life jacket in the right manner, while in water, requires good practice and training.
Watch the video below to find out how to wear a life jacket while in water.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine