Marine environmental management, as the name suggests, refers to the management of the marine ecosystem. Considering that the marine ecology is facing a lot of problems and degradation, the scope, extent and the importance of marine environment studies has gone up tremendously. Educational institutions and universities across the world have started to initiate and offer courses on environmental management.
Through the environmental management course, individuals get a wider idea about the maritime environment.
Only through proper understanding of the maritime domain one can learn to generate ways and means to ensure that the oceanic ecosystem is preserved from further degeneration.
The environmental management course can be summed up as follows:
- The course would provide in-depth knowledge about the marine ecosystem and the biodiversity
- The course would be a stepping stone for individuals to study further or gain employment in widespread avenues
- The avenues available for individuals include both in governmental and non-governmental organisations, educational institutes and other researching institutions
Individuals opting to take up marine environment studiescan do so either at a graduation level or at a post-graduation level. However, it needs to be noted that while people with no background in the subject can take it up, even experienced people wanting to explore the subject further can take up this marine ecology management course.
University of York, Australian Maritime College, Queen Mary University of London and Lloyd’s Maritime Academy are some of the world’s best universities that offer the environmental management program. The eligibility criteria for taking up the marine ecology management program are quite uncomplicated:
- For a graduate environmental marine program, aspirants are required to have an under-graduation certification of honours with at least a Second Class
- Subjects in the under-graduate program should comprise of mathematics, sciences and English. Foreign students wanting to take up a graduation program need to have a requisite score on IELTS and TOEFL to be eligible for taking up the Bachelors’ environmental management course
- For eligibility in the post-graduation program, students need to have an honours certification with at least a Second Class. Subjects at the graduation level should comprise of biology, bionomics, geography and even chemistry. Foreign students need to meet the required educational equivalent criteria along with IELTS and TOEFL scores
Through this education program, a wider platform to ensure maritime environment protection has been sought to be created. It can be hoped that in the days and years to come, through this venture, the marine ecosystem does benefit and gain prosperity.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine