Pioneering Spirit is the world’s largest platform installation/decommissioning and pipelay vessel built for the Allseas company. The ship is also by far the world’s largest vessel overall ever constructed in terms of its gross tonnage of 403,342 gt, as well as its breadth (123.75 m/406 ft) and displacement (900,000 metric tons).
The main construction was done at Daewoo shipyard, Korea and final completion will be in the Netherlands.
The vessel was designed by a Finnish engineering company Deltamarin. Allseas has committed to build Pioneering Spirit at a cost of US$1.7 billion. In an interview with De Telegraaf” chairman Heerema named a price of €2.4 billion for the 382 metres (1,253 ft) long vessel. AllSeas has committed to building an even larger version of the same design, which will be operational in 2020
NOTE: Marine Insight does not have enough information to verify this video and cannot vouch for its accuracy. This video is for information purpose only.
Marine Insight does not own the rights of the video.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine