On Friday the 22nd of November, Our Nb. 438 was successfully launched at the Ferus Smit yard in Westerbroek.
M.V. Arklow Accord is the second vessel in a series of 6 that will be delivered to our client from the city of Arklow, Ireland.
The design is a bulk oriented general cargo ship that will be mainly employed in the shipment of wheat, corn and other bulk commodities in European waters.
The design is a slightly modified version of the first series of 8600 dwt bulkers that Ferus Smit built under the name of Arklow B – series. The new design is adapted for ice-class 1A, with modified bow form and propulsion with a propeller nozzle added. At the same time the main engine output was decreased to 2000 kW for better fuel efficiency.
This first ship has the following characteristics:
- Loa = 119.495 mtr
- Lpp = 116.895 mtr
- B = 14.99 mtr
- D = 9.70 mtr
- T max = 7.160 mtr
- Hold volume = 350.000 cft
Delivery of Arklow Accord will be in January 2020.
NOTE: Marine Insight does not have enough information to verify this video and cannot vouch for its accuracy. This video is for information purpose only.
Marine Insight does not own the rights of the video.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships