SOS MEDITERRANEE is a politically and religiously independent humanitarian association. It is based on the principle of respect for human beings and their dignity, without partiality to their nationality or origin, their social belonging, religious belief, political position or ethnic identity.
SOS MEDITERRANEE is an initiative composed of citizens with various professional backgrounds (maritime, humanitarian, medical, judicial, etc.) in order to organise the rescue of migrants in distress in the Mediterranean Sea and to testify about their situations. The association aims to link actors of European, Mediterranean and African civil societies, all concerned with migration patterns to Europe via maritime paths.
SOS MEDITERRANEE was founded on the mobilisation of citizens from different European countries who wish to show their solidarity with migrants during their travel to Europe. The rescue operations performed by boats flying flags from various European countries aim to enable the reception of the migrants by the respective national authorities of the European Union countries. Simultaneously, the association will distribute a vivid testimony about the situation in the Mediterranean area to public opinions and European institutions.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine