Dream Cruises, the leading cruise company in Asia, had placed a contract with German shipbuilder MEYER WERFT for a new cruise ship – adding to its existing fleet of six ships.
The 150,000-GT new building will have 1,680 cabins. Its décor, design and services are meant to fit a niche somewhere between Genting’s mass market Star Cruises and its luxury lifestyle brand Crystal Cruises. Company executives described Dream as an upmarket cruise line.
The ship is 325 m in length, 39.7 m in breadth and will reach a trail speed of abt. 23 knots. The ship is designed for the fast growing Chinese cruise market and will debut in 2017
Main Characteristics of the Genting Dream
|Overall Length||335,0 m|
|Engine Capacity||76.800 kW|
|Number of Outside Cabins (incl. Suits)||1278|
Reference: Jennifer Leung -Youtube
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine