The video of the collision between a Washington State Ferry Chetzemoka and a small pleasure boat named Nap Tyme was posted on YouTube by a passenger aboard the ferry.
The boat struck the ferry at the port side near Vashon Island on Sunday. Its still not clear what exactly resulted into the crash, but the boat was pushed away by ferry’s prop wash post the accident.
Washington State Ferries took to Twitter on Sunday and confirmed the incident by tweeting: “Private boat hit ferry on Pt Defiance/Talequah rte. No injuries, both vessels OK. We’re back in service, running 30 min late.”
No casualties or damages were reported.
NOTE: Viewers are cautioned that this video contains strong language
Reference: Amanda Shuffield/YouTube
DISCLAIMER: Marine Insight does not have enough information to verify this video and cannot vouch for its accuracy. This video is for information purpose only.
Marine Insight does not own the rights of the video.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine