Watch this raw video of a loaded barge sinking five nautical miles from Tiracol fort (India), while transporting a cargo of iron ore from Redi Port, Maharashtra, to a ship in the deep sea. According to reports,the loaded ship was on its way to a vessel anchored in the deep sea. There were no causalities.
Watch the video below:
Caution: Yelling and Loud Noises
This video uploaded on social networking sites shows the barge sinking first from its stern. While inclement weather has been suspected as the reason, tidal currents in the area were also particularly strong. Sources said there were four crew aboard the vessel, who jumped into the sea minutes before it began going underwater. They were rescued by the crew of another barge that was in the vicinity
Reference: Goa’s/YouTube / Times of India
NOTE: Marine Insight does not have enough information to verify this video and cannot vouch for its accuracy. This video is for information purpose only.
Marine Insight does not own the rights of the video.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine