Float out of the first mega block of AIDAnova on 11.12.2017 at the shipyard MEYER WERFT in Papenburg (Germany). The AIDAnova becomes the first ship of the so-called Helios class that MEYER WERFT builds for the cruise line AIDA CRUISES.
The AIDAnova is to be delivered by MEYER WERFT to the cruise line AIDA CRUISES in autumn 2018.
With around 183,900 GT, the AIDAnova will become the largest cruise ship ever built in Germany. The AIDAnova will also become the world’s first cruise ship to be powered primarily by LNG.
AIDA Cruises is continuing its long-standing strategic partnership with the shipbuilder MEYER WERFT in Papenburg with an order for two new ships of the next AIDA ship generation. The ships, each exceeds 180,000 gross tons and has a capacity of more than 2,500 staterooms, will join the AIDA fleet in 2018 and 2021.
As pioneer in the industry, AIDA Cruises is again setting an example for environmental protection with a revolutionary ship design: With the “Green Cruising” concept, AIDA will be the first cruise line in the world to operate its new ship generation to 100 percent with LNG (liquefied natural gas). This eliminates emissions of soot particles and sulfur oxides.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Captain Falls Overboard From Bulk Carrier, Survived 3 Days By Clinging To Wood
- Two Tanker Ships Carrying Palm Oil Seized By Indonesian Navy
- Filipino Seaman Pleads Guilty In Crew Member’s Murder On LA-Bound Cargo Vessel
- Ship Owner And Operator Plead Guilty To Environmental And Safety Crimes; Fined $1 Million Each