The wreckage of the historic Fletcher-class destroyer, USS Johnston (DD-557) was found by the researches onboard the vessel R/V Petrel that belongs to Vulcan Inc.
According to the researchers’ report, the wreck was found 22,400 feet below water surface
Rob Kraft describes the wreck as “completely decimated” in the video below, in which he narrates his observations as he talks on Battle off Samar. Watch Rob Kraft and Paul Mayer discuss in their final video from the Battle off Samar and the likelihood that this ship is the USS Johnston DD-557.
Reference: RV Petrel – Facebook
NOTE: Marine Insight does not have enough information to verify this video and cannot vouch for its accuracy. This video is for information purpose only.
Marine Insight does not own the rights of the video.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Captain Falls Overboard From Bulk Carrier, Survived 3 Days By Clinging To Wood
- Two Tanker Ships Carrying Palm Oil Seized By Indonesian Navy
- Filipino Seaman Pleads Guilty In Crew Member’s Murder On LA-Bound Cargo Vessel
- Ship Owner And Operator Plead Guilty To Environmental And Safety Crimes; Fined $1 Million Each