Prior to delivery on Dec. 19, 2018, Crowley and the ship’s crew successfully carried out a sea trial of Taíno – the company’s second of two of the world’s first combination container/roll on-roll off (ConRo) ships powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG) – with shipbuilder VT Halter Marine Inc., of Pascagoula, Miss., in preparation for her upcoming maiden voyage from Jacksonville, Fla., (JAXPORT) to San Juan, Puerto Rico.
The two LNG-powered vessels are part of Crowley’s major modernization of the Puerto Rico-U.S. mainland trade that have added velocity to the island’s supply chain.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships