Checkout cool side-launching videos of cargo ship Nordana Sky at the Ferus Smit Shipyard in Leer.
‘Nordana Sky’, she is the first vessel in a series of 6 that will be delivered to Symphony shipping. As her name already reveals, the ship will be chartered out to the danish company Nordana, and sail in her fleet after delivery.
Nordana sky is the first vessel of our new ‘ecobox’ design, which is characterized by its flexibility of loading combined with very economical and ecological performance.
The design features:
– Main dimensions (Loa X B X T) 122.5 X 17.0 X 7.8 mtr,
– 10500 DWT, 429.000 cft holdvolume,
– Iceclass 1A with 3000 kW main engine.
– A large single hold of completely box shaped form,
– Large loading floor area for project cargoes, including complete movable tweendeck
– 2 X 80 tons cargo cranes.
– Deckhouse placed on foreship for better protection of deck cargo and enabling to load oversized items over the stern.
– Open top notation; sailing in all weather conditions without maindeck hatches to transport large project cargoes without height restrictions.
– The Ferus Smit ECO bulbless Canoe type bow, designed to reduce fuel costs and better sustained speed with excellent sea keeping behavior in harsh weather and sea state conditions.
– Propeller equipped with a duct for enhanced thrust at lower speeds and reduction of maximum installed propulsion power
During the launching the yard will be open to the public.
Reference: Press release/ ferus-smit.nl
Videos You Would Like:
Latest Videos You Would Like:
Get the Latest Maritime News Delivered to Your Inbox!
Our free, fast, and fun newsletter on the global maritime industry, delivered everyday.