Many representatives, partners in construction and financing, friends, numerous special guests and Marija Strikić from Split Down Syndrome Association were present at the launch ceremony, wishing passenger a safe journey aboard the new vessel, cutting the ceremonial rope, toasting it with champagne and symbolically launching the ship into the sea.
This ship is a symbol of Brodosplit restructuring and a breakthrough in organisational and technical design because it is built with new software, tools and technology, especially in the equipping department, where almost 80-85% of the ship is already equipped during the construction on the slipway, resulting in better quality of construction, shorter deadlines and lower construction costs – said Tomislav Debeljak, CEO of Brodosplit, before adding that in many ways this ship will be special and recognized as a permanent value for the Split shipyard and Croatian shipbuilding.
The ship is being built under a new financing model, for its own fleet and for long-term lease. The partner can repurchase it the first day after the delivery, therefore, at any time.
I am very pleased with the quality of the ship, which is already quite well equipped, with built-in drive and a lot of equipment for passenger and crew accommodation. Our team has a great deal of cooperation with the shipyard, and the ship will receive its first polar passengers in June next year – said Wijnand van Gessel, owner of Oceanwode Expeditions.
The polar cruise ship will be the world’s first ship of ‘LR PC6’ class that will meet the latest Lloyd registry requirements for the ‘Polar Class 6’ vessels. It is 107.6 m in length, 17.6 m in width, and 15 knots will provide two main engines with a total output of 4,260 kW. It will be able to accommodate 196 passengers in its 85 cabins, which will be taken care of by 70 crew members.
The polar cruise passengers will be offered high hotel-like standards as well as various cabin ranging from spacious apartments to two-room and four-room cabins, where they will be provided with multiple secured systems to provide a safe and comfortable stay.
The design and all technical solutions are entirely the work od Brodosplit’s project designers, who through this project, have successfully confirmed their key role in positioning Brodosplit high on the list of technical competency and architectural competitiveness.
Press Release: brodosplit.hr
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine