Watch: ALP Striker’s Bollard Pull Testing
The ALP Striker has been constructed by Niigata Shipbuilding & Repair, Japan. She is the first of four ultra-long distance towing and anchor handling vessels for ALP Maritime Services, a subsidiary of Teekay Offshore Partners L.P.
The vessel is a part of the shipowner’s ALP FUTURE class, a series of stronger and larger towing vessels to match and enable increase in size of FPSO’s, FLNG’s and similar floating installations.
- Long Distance Towing
- High bollard pull: For the towing of very large floating objects
- Also equipped for: Anchor Handling, positioning, mooring
- Dynamic Positioning Class II (DYNPOS-AUTR)
- Worldwide work
- Optimal seagoing characteristics (ULSTEIN X-BOW®)
- Fuel efficient
- Clean Design
- Comfort Class Comf-V (3)
- Ice Class 1B
- Fire Fighting (FiFi II)
- The 4 MAK engines produce 24,400 BHP.
- Cargo deck area: 550 m2
- Deck cargo 2,400t – 10t/m2 Max
- Deadweight 4,250t
Reference: Teekay Corporation – Youtube