Among the largest passenger vessels built to date, m/s Viking Grace is the most environmentally sound and most energy efficient. The Viking Grace entered service in 2013 and operates between Turku and Stockholm in the Baltic Sea.
Wärtsilä has provided a multitude of environmentally sound solutions to the ship, including:
- Four Wärtsilä 8L50DF dual-fuel main engines
- Transverse bow and stern tunnel thrusters
- Two fixed pitch propellers
- Propeller shaft lines including environmentally sound, non-polluting shaft line seal systems
- LNG tanks and fuel supply and handling equipment
- Safety and automation systems
Viking Grace Powered By Wärtsilä
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships