Ship’s transiting high risk areas involves a series of drills, additional watchkeeping procedures and loads of stress. Though the number of piracy attacks have gone down, ships are still being attacked in and around high risk areas.
Considering the importance of drills and armed guards on board ships today, master mariner Venkataraman Rajagopal has made an educational video showing the procedure for preparing the ship and its crew for passing through high risk areas.
Video: Piracy Area Transit With Armed Maritime Guards
About the Author
Venkataraman Rajagopal was a master mariner in command of VLCC’s before stepping ashore. His hobbies includes composing music and making educational training videos in tune with the demand of present day shipping standards.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine