The CMA CGM MAGELLAN, a 365 meters long vessel, was transformed into a work of Art by world-renowned artist, JR.
With this initiative, JR wanted to conclude his project « Women are Heroes » initiated in 2008, when he photographed the eyes of extraordinary women all around the world
For this project, the picture that was assembled on the CMA CGM MAGELLAN are the eyes of Elizabeth, a Kenyan woman living in the Kibera slums, in Nairobi. She is one of the key person of her community
Reference: CMA CGM
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine