Oil rigs and DP vessels in Arctic Ocean face problems because of several small and large icebergs that drift on the water surface.
MD group has released a video of their “Iceberg Management” system which helps to tow the problematic iceberg away from the oil rig.
The Iceberg towing equipment consists of Iceberg towing nets with flotation lines and fibre ropes. The ropes and net are available in 80, 225, and 400 meters of length and can also be custom made.
Watch the video to find out how an iceberg is moved.
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships