The new heartwarming Google Nexus 7 Christmas ad features an important aspect of seafarer’s life – being away from the family during the best times of the year.
In the ad, an engine room professional gets ready for a video chat with his family just like he would for a Christmas back home. The longingness to be with the family and kids on Christmas is beautifully expressed by the actor when he is shown looking back at his wife; the eyes at that moment says everything that a seafarer feels when he’s away from home during the most crucial times.
Though the ad is quite touching, we do wonder how is it possible to video chat at sea without a wifi connection or a 3G/4G network. Seafarers know that is impossible to video chat at sea or it is extremely expensive to avail such facility, in case any company provides it.
Either way, google seems to have done a commendable job at highlighting a sensitive subject of a seafarers life.
Watch the Video Below:
About Google Nexus 7 2013
The New Google 7 Nexus Tablet is a thinner, lighter, and faster version which brings you the perfect mix of power and portability and features the world’s sharpest 7″ tablet screen. It also comes loaded with all favorite Google apps – like Chrome, Gmail, YouTube, Hangouts and Google Now – so you can browse, watch, share and stay connected wherever you go. And because Google apps are designed for the cloud, everything is simple and works seamlessly across your phone, tablet and computer.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine