On May 2 Teekay’s first unit for maintenance and safety (UMS), Arendal Spirit, arrived safely to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. After a long journey since its departure from the COSCO shipyard in China, the vessel was anchored and offloaded from the heavylifter in Brazilian waters.
Arendal Spirit will now undergo an extensive testing program before it goes on hire with Petrobras on a 3-year charter contract.
Enjoy this short video as the Arendal Spirit makes its entrance to Rio!
Reference: Teekay Corporation/YouTube
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine