Video taken by NFD of the Baker platform this morning around 9 a.m. Shown in the video is OMSI supply vessel Discovery fighting the fire with approximately 4,000 gallons of water per minute.
Baker Platform Fire, courtesy of Nathan Smith with Kenai Aviation. KSRM broke the story at 7:48am on Thursday October 2nd, 2014. All four occupants were evacuated without any reports of injury. Firefighting efforts are continuing. There are close to 10,000 gallons of diesel fuel on the platform.
Reference: Nikiski Fire Department
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine