A Bangladesh ferry MV Pinak-6 with a capacity to carry 85 passengers, recently went over and sank in the Padma river about 30 km (18 miles) southwest of the capital, Dhaka.
As of now 120 passengers are still missing.
Video of the shocking and sad accident was taken by someone from a nearby vessel, probably with a mobile phone.
Watch the video below.
NOTE: Marine Insight does not have enough information to verify this video and cannot vouch for its accuracy. The article is intended only for education purpose and Marine Insight does not support/propagate activity or views shown in the video.
Do you have more information on the incident? Let’s know.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine