There are several dangers attached to operations on board ships, especially while lifting heavy loads.
Inability to take safety precautions can lead to major accidents, including death.
Here’s one such accident wherein the crane lifting a huge anchor suddenly fails, which brings the anchor crashing down on the deck where the crew has been standing.
Fortunately, they quickly move away from the landing area, escaping an ugly accident which could have turned fatal if they wouldn’t have been swift enough.
Watch the video below. Let’s know your thoughts in the comments below.
NOTE: Marine Insight does not have enough information to verify this video and cannot vouch for its accuracy. The article is intended only for education purpose and Marine Insight does not support/propagate activity or views shown in the video
Do you have more information on the incident? Let’s know.
You might also like to read..
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- Russian Navy Open Fires At Cargo Ship Sailing Towards Mariupol Port
- Methane Leak From LNG Powered Cargo Ship Caught In Infrared Camera
- 4 Filipino Seafarers Arrested In Australia For Reportedly Importing Cocaine