Petrojarl Knarr is one of Teekay’s largest FPSO projects to date with a production capacity of 63,000 barrels of oil per day. Its internal turret allows the vessel to freely rotate 360 degrees and ensures it’s always facing the rough weather present in the North Sea.
In 2011, Teekay Corporation announced an agreement to provide BG Norge Limited with a FPSO unit for the Knarr field. The vessel will make its way to the North Sea field in the third quarter of 2014 and is expected to commence its 10-year charter by the end of the fourth quarter of 2014.
Watch this video to learn more about the vessel technology and how its smart engineering makes the Petrojarl Knarr suitable for harsh and ultra harsh environments.
Reference: Teekay Corporation
You might also like to read..
- ABS-Approved Sterntube-Less Ship Concept To Save Shipowners Thousands While Keeping Oceans Clean
- Seafarers Win Commitment To Mandatory Internet Access In International Law
- Top 12 Tanker Shipping Companies in the World
- NYK’s First Chief Engineers Successfully Complete NTMA And Internal Training Program
- One Of World’s Largest 24,000TEU Ultra Large Container Carriers Undocked In Shanghai
- Watch: OceanGate’s 2022 Titanic Expedition Document Wreck Of Titanic For Future Generations
- Seafarers’ Unions Agree On New Three-Year Global Minimum Wage ‘Safety Net’ Deal
- What Are Hybrid Ships?
- ONE Inks Shipbuilding Contracts For 10 Very Large Container Ships